All researchers are expected to engage in a responsible conduct of research training as an essential component of promoting research excellence.
Principal Investigators (PIs) are responsible for:
- Identifying those individuals working on their sponsored projects who must receive RCR training,
- Determining the most appropriate format, content and instruction for RCR training in line with sponsor requirements,
- Determining if a funder has requirements for RCR and developing a RCR plan that meets those specific requirements,
- Reporting as required under the terms of the specific funding program,
- Submitting a RCR training plan prior to the expenditure of any sponsored research funds, and
- Maintaining documentation of completion of RCR training for all applicable personnel.