The following is a selection of internal and external Responsible Conduct of Reserch (RCR) training resources that may be of use in developing your own RCR training program. To obtain or suggest additional resources, please contact us at ResearchCompliance@uoregon.edu or (541) 346-2510.
Please review our website regularly, as we will post additional RCR information and resources as they are available.
- Online courses available to UO faculty, staff and students
- Guidance for Developing RCR Instruction Plans for NIH Funding Applications
- University Policies:
- Managing Your Data – UO Libraries
- Tracking Your RCR Training
- UO Experts on RCR topics:
- Office of Research Integrity (ORI) - RCR education resources pages
- Books and Publications:
- ORI Introduction to the Responsible Conduct of Research - Nicholas Steneck
- On Being a Scientist: Responsible Conduct in Research, 3rd Edition – National Academy of Sciences
- Responsible Conduct of Research Toolkit - Kathleen Flint, National Postdoctoral Association
- Making the Right Moves: A Practical Guide to Scientific Management for Postdocs and New Faculty - Burroughs Wellcome Fund, Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Videos and case studies:
- The Lab - interactive movie on research misconduct produced by ORI
- RCR Video Vignettes – University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Role-Play Scenarios for Teaching Responsible Conduct of Research - Michael C. Loui & C.K. Gunsalus, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Teaching Research Ethics annual workshop – Indiana University
- Online courses:
- At the University of Oregon, departments, schools, and colleges contribute important pieces of RCR education such as classroom based courses that incorporate RCR topics. Research Compliance Services works with faculty and departments on RCR resource material and as needed on the development of appropriate RCR training.
- For information or assistance regarding RCR education and training or if you would like RCS to assist in the development of RCR training for your research personnel, please contact Research Compliance Services at (541)346-2510 or firstname.lastname@example.org.