Where to start?
- Please use the most current application available on the forms page. Because federal regulations change frequently, Research Compliance Services (RCS) assesses the applications regularly and makes modifications as necessary.
- If you are unsure if your project requires assessment, email RCS with a brief description. A Research Compliance Administrator will help determine if your project fits the definition for human subjects research.
- If your project requires assessment, it may be exempt from some of the regulations. Only an IRB designee may determine whether or not your study may be reviewed as exempt. Regulations do not allow investigators to make this determination.
- An Initial Review Application must be submitted for all research involving human subjects regardless of the level of risk or type of review (i.e., exempt, expedited, or full board). Email the complete application packet to RCS as an attachment.
All application submissions require the following:
- A complete application.
- Research Plan (Guidelines for Research Plan - PDF)
- A Research Personnel Form
- Applicable research materials (e.g., consent forms, recruitment materials, data collection instruments, advertisements, letters of introduction, funding/sponsorship form, HIPAA or other privacy authorization, etc.).
- Permission to conduct research at the proposed site(s) (if applicable).
Email the complete application packet
RCS prefers the application packet submitted via email to ResearchCompliance@uoregon.edu. Applications may be signed using an electronic signature or a scanned written signature. Additionally, the name(s) of the Principal Investigator and, if applicable, the Faculty Advisor may be typed in the signature block. All persons signing the application must be included on the email submission.