Research Compliance Services is currently revising and further developing its policies and procedures. As policy/procedure is finalized, it will be posted here. Policies on which RCS is seeking feedback from the campus community may also be posted here in the future. Please contact us for any questions regarding future postings.
The following federal, state, and university regulations/guidelines inform RCS policy and affect how human subjects research may be conducted.
- 45 CFR 46: Department of Health and Human Services Policy for Protection of Human Research Subjects
- 21 CFR 50: Food and Drug Administration Regulations for the Protection of Human Subjects
- 21 CFR 56: Food and Drug Administration Regulations Governing IRBs (Institutional Review Boards)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP)
- Food and Drug Administration
- Office of Research Integrity
Oregon State Laws/Regulations
University of Oregon Policies/Guidelines